Friday, November 05, 2010

My testimony

So this is pretty cheesy but I thought I would share my testimony on here because having this surgery has also increased my faith in God. So I would like to say that more then anything I have learned from this challenge and blessing in my life is that Heavenly Father is always there for me no matter what and that the first thing that defines me is that I am a daughter of God. Over anything else that I have learned this a one thing I know without a doubt. I would also like to share a scripture that has helped me through some of the biggest trials I have had this year, surgery related and non-surgery related. So one night I was really struggling with whatever and it was just hard day and so I said a prayer and the tried opening my scriptures and reading. This is something I have tried before but has never been effective but this night I found a scripture that really helped me that night. It is Alma 36:3 and it says "And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their atrust in God shall be supported in their btrials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be clifted up at the last day." This really comforted me, knowing that I just needed to trust in God and that he would be there for me and support me through whatever I was going through. This scripture has since shown up a multitude of times whenever I need a reminder that Heavenly Father is here for me and he will support me. So I know that this is true, and that I am a daughter of God, and that I am loved by Him. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments: