Monday, June 07, 2010

SAA retreat

This Semester I made a good friend in my Math for the Real World class and my Psychology class who is super involved! She wanted to join an association and so we joined the SAA (Student Alumni Association) together. It is a really cool group that makes connections with Alumni of BYU-I and uses it to help students find connections in the future and become better alumni themselves. They also are in charge of the Student Legacy Endowment (SLE) which is the fund that the school has to help students who find themselves in emergency situations and can no longer afford rent, tuition, food, or anything else needed to survive and still continue going to BYU-I. It is a really great group and it feels great to participate in such a service orientated association. One day this association might even help me. Early in the Semester I went to a leadership retreat with the SAA. It was super fun! I made great friends and learned more about the importance of service and how to be a better leader, not to mention I was edified by being around such great people and my testimony of the gospel grew stronger. Here is some pictures from the retreat!







4 comments:

sixpickychicks said...

Liv I LOVE that you are getting so involved. This looks so fun. I am so proud to be your mom.

Natalie Putnam said...

This looks so fun! I am glad you are enjoying every second of school.

angelle said...

That place looks so familiar...I love Badger Creek!!! I lived up there for about two months when I was going to BYU-Idaho. It is such an AWESOME place to be! That is so great that you are doing so much while you are going to college. Be sure to get Rachelle to join you when she gets up there.

Emily Christiansen said...

Retreats were always so fun! I loved going on them.